brad

brad

Monday, September 18, 2017

It's the Final Transfer

From Elder Raines:  “Ahoj Social Workers'' - group of 10 year old kids that for some reason thought we were social workers. (picture: Elder Raines)

This was the last week of the transfer. It was filled with fun. Here are some highlights:
  • We met with a less-active, who has a really cool story. He is right now having some health problems, but he is getting back to health slowly, and really wants to come back to the church. He has been a member for a long time, and has decided that now is his time to work on coming back. We had a great lesson with him, after trying to set-up for almost a month.
                                  This is Elder Robinson tracting and looking majestic.

  • P. doesn't really want to keep meeting regularly right now, he wants to wait for a while until he sees the results from training. We are going to work on having contact with him regularly.
  • We also went and did service in the forest again. And we went mushroom hunting. Which is a great Czech tradition. We found a lot of very large mushrooms, and actually fried some of them up. I have pictures, which I will send next week.
  • I had an exchange with Elder Raines. It was great, we did a table display on the namesti, which was very successful. 
                 Wallace Toronto Foundation service- Mission President Jan Pohořelický 

  • We also got transfer calls. I am staying here and training, and so is Elder Raines in UH. And Sister Dance came from Ostrava to serve with Sister Hayden. Elder Robinson went to Frydek Mistek to follow up train. Elder Gauldin went to Olomouc to train and follow up train in a trio. Which is nuts.
  • I don't know the name of my new missionary trainee. We find out Wednesday morning. Elder Raines and I are companions in UH until we go to Prague tomorrow for a trainer meeting.  We are both training new missionaries. Then we stay overnight. I saw the picture of the MTC District (Mom sent it on with names), and I am very curious...
  • I got to chat with President McConkie when he was here for the Wallace Toronto Foundation Service. He is awesome. 
                                           Former Mission President James McConkie

Wallace Toronto Foundation Service
  • I appreciate the thoughts about the temple Mom & Dad. I loved going there weekly, and I have missed attending the temple while I have been here. I plan to go very frequently, it is always a great place to be.
Spiritual thought for the week is about time. As I am starting my final transfer I have been thinking about time a lot. I have recognized that the less and less time I have left, the more and more precious it becomes for me. So I wanted to quickly talk about the importance of trying to seize the moment and use it to the fullest. That is my goal for this transfer. Thanks for all the prayers and support!

-Elder Pickett
Elder Robinson and Elder Pickett at church on Sunday


From Karen Dean (Elder Dean’s Mom): “When I walked in to church, I saw him instantly. I told him who I was and said,"You know I'm going to have to take a picture of you." He knew it. He was my translator for Sacrament meeting & for Sunday school. He is doing really well. He looks so happy.”

Me with Elder Merrill, who is going home. 

No comments :

Post a Comment